Saturday, November 27, 2010

TIME TO CATCH UP

Well I have been a bit lax in updating my blog properly lately so apologies for that.   The first thing I want to say is thanks to everyone who came on Thursday night.   I had a great time and it was so nice to meet Sarah and Claire for the first time.  As usual I forgot to take any photos of the event but I will try and find some of the lovely stuff we made from our new kits and post it.   We were so busy sticking, cutting and gluing that we didn't eat many of the mince pies!   My kitchen was like a bomb had hit it on Friday morning though - anyway, we had a great laugh and we shall do it again, maybe with a cheaper kit next time.

I had a nice quiet hour or so on Friday making some simple Christmas Cards, thanks Alex for the company.  I find if you make a date with someone like that it gives you the permission and the time to sit and get on with it.   Alex made a lovely card but I also forgot to take a photo of that too... what am I like (no comments necessary LOL)

Well as my beloved hubby is away sailing today (yes in this weather) I have the boys all to myself so we are going to see the new Harry Potter this afternoon.  I also have planned a session so they can make their christmas cards, I can finish mine and they will be learning to sew using some great £1 kids Christmas stocking kits I got.  Even boys need to be able to sew at some point I think.  I will try to remember to post a photo of them too.  We will also be going on one of our adventure walks if I can pluck up the courage to go outside brrrrrrrr!

I am not sure about everyone else but I am not sure if I love this weather or hate it.  It is so beautiful and the sky is lovely and blue but the COOOLLLLDDD hate it.   Can't help wondering about my other half out at sea he must be frozen.

Had a great evening last night helping a the cubs Christmas Concert, the kids were great on stage and it was actually better because they hadn't rehearsed much as the ad libs and whispered asides were often just as good as the jokes in the show.  They were all fantastic performers and it was great to see the Cubs, Beavers and Scouts all together.   Not sure how much we raised but I sold a lot of cakes and there were a lot of cups of tea, coffee and hot choccy made.

Looking forward to Christmas in the UK this year for the first time in about 4 years.  I am getting a goose to roast as that is one thing I miss in Canada.   It will just be us as my Dad is in Blackpool enjoying time with his brother Uncle Ron in a posh hotel, and my Mother in Law will be in Leeds.

Well I think I have droned on enough now so hope this brings me up to date.  Promise to put some posts on with piccies.   Above this I will be able to show you some of the piccies I took of cards in convention.

Well as Christmas approaches don't forget you can have gift vouchers from your loved ones and if you have a wish list you can get them to order from me and I will wrap it all for you ready so your surprises will include something you can really enjoy.

Have a great weekend.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment